Terra de Baltz
for Grafton Township Assessor
Vote February 23, 2021
in the Consolidated Primary Election
February 23, 2021
I’d like to take this moment to formally thank you, the taxpayers of Grafton Township, for your support, encouragement, and confidence throughout my candidacy. With your assistance in delivering awareness and intent of my campaign, we have accomplished our goal. It is such an honor to be elected as Grafton Township’s next Assessor. I look forward to fulfilling my promise of providing a responsive, transparent, and professional approach while assisting you. And I am grateful for the opportunity to reinstate trust and confidence in the accuracy, efficiency, and fairness of the assessment process.
I’d also like to take a moment to thank my family and friends for the unending show of love and support not just today, but over the last several months. So many of you have helped with various aspects of the campaign in addition to helping to manage family responsibilities during the campaign. Your support and loyalty are certainly appreciated and our success could not have been achieved without your assistance!
Being elected as Grafton’s next assessor is a great responsibility, one I do not take lightly. I am committed to executing my duties to earn the trust you have placed in me. Securing roughly 90% of the votes speaks volumes for the change you desire and I thank you for your faith in my ability to establish that change and better serve you.
In accordance with the Illinois statutes, I will not take office until January 1, 2022. Therefore, any questions or concerns for the remainder of 2021 will be handled with current administration. Until then, I intend to continue to hear your concerns, receive your feedback, and find additional ways to better assist you and your property needs come 2022! Please feel free to reach out at any time to email@example.com.
Thank you for your continued support!
Terra de Baltz
"I am a concerned homeowner who works with assessments every day and I am seeking the opportunity to ethically utilize my experience and qualifications to benefit the township I reside in. Grafton Township needs an honest and transparent officer with a worthy code of ethics and I am your candidate for the task!"
I am honored to have earned the endorsement of the Grafton Township Central Committee of the Republican Party. I am committed to serving our township and the taxpayers through positive governance and integrity! Their support will certainly take us closer to that goal!
I have a Bachelor’s Degree from Eastern Illinois University and am a Certified Illinois Assessing Officer. I am certified by the state to serve as Township Assessor. In addition, I am currently a knowledgeable Deputy Assessor for Elgin Township, which encumbers 34,000+ parcels (approximately 12,000 more diverse parcels than Grafton Township). During my time at Elgin Township, I have participated in all aspects of the assessment process and am very familiar with the innumerable dealings of the office on a daily basis. I have direct interaction with property owners and tend to their questions and concerns regularly. I hold a wide-range of experience in assessing all property types, an understanding of exemptions, and knowledge of the property tax cycle.
But I am not running on my qualifications alone. I am a positive and hardworking professional with strong work ethics, who always strives to achieve the highest standard possible. I am dedicated to serve our township and the taxpayers through positive governance and integrity. With your support, I strive to meet the needs of our taxpayers by placing a strong emphasis on the following objectives: First, equal distribution of the tax burden amongst tax payers. Second, efficient use of taxpayers’ dollars. Thirdly, educate residents of the tax cycle and assessment process and finally, provide transparency between the Assessor's office and taxpayers.
Deputy Assessor | Elgin Township – Elgin, Illinois | 2010 – Present
- 10 years’ experience working in township government.
- Employment in an assessor’s office that encumbers 34,000+ parcels. (Approx 12,000 more parcels than Grafton Township).
- Determine taxability and value of properties, using methods such as field inspection, structural measurement, calculation, sales analysis, market trend studies, and income and expense analysis.
- Inspect properties, considering factors such as market value, location, and building or replacement costs to determine assessed value.
- Inspect new construction and major improvements to existing structures to determine values.
- Conduct regular reviews of property to determine changes in property due to
construction or demolition.
- Explain assessed values to property owners and defend appealed assessments at public hearings, both at the BOR and PTAB level.
- Explain and assist with an assortment of exemptions to property owners.
- Proficient with Visual PAMPSPro Property Assessment Management System, the same program utilized within the Grafton Township office.
1. Establish uniform and equitable assessments to ensure fair distribution of the tax burden amongst taxpayers. I plan to institute a coherent and reliable method of assessing all classes and property types throughout the township.
2. Efficient use of taxpayers’ dollars. To become a township official that is creative in delivering quality services with the least possible burden to taxpayers.
3. Educate and assist residents on the property tax cycle and assessment process -- encourage residents to discuss assessments at the township level, explain assessed values to property owners, and facilitate exemptions.
4. Provide transparency between the assessor’s office and taxpayers. Ensure open communication with the public, answer questions, and manage concerns raised by property owners.
- Positive and hardworking professional with strong work ethic.
- Excellent ability to motivate others.
- Ability to communicate comfortably at all levels, therefore providing an excellent working environment
for all team members to perform at their best.
- Always strive to achieve the highest standard possible.
I have been part of this community for 18 years, residing in the Village of Huntley. My husband and I have two children that attend the Huntley School District of 158. I have been serving on the Village of Huntley Plan Commission Board since 2014 and was appointed to the Zoning Board in February 2020. We all deserve a happy, healthy and thriving community and I want to contribute to providing that for not only ourselves but for future generations that are going to live here. I believe we should lead by example and any involvement, big or small, will have a positive impact on our community. I have a vested interest in our community and I am eager to take this next step to fulfill my role in helping my neighbors understand the assessment process and tax cycle while establishing fair and equitable assessments throughout Grafton Township.
Thoughtful. Intentional. Sustainable.
I am dedicated to serve our township and the taxpayers through positive governance and integrity. I am a concerned homeowner who works with assessments every day and I am seeking the opportunity to ethically utilize my experience and qualifications to benefit the township I reside in.
Grafton Township deserves an honest and transparent officer with a worthy code of ethics to turn the township around and I am your candidate for the task.
In order to serve the people of Grafton Township and for my campaign to be successful, I am turning to my community and inviting you to get involved and help make a difference.
Please tell your family, friends, and neighbors of Grafton Township to VOTE for Terra de Baltz in the
Consolidated Primary Election on
February 23, 2021.
Yard signs are available upon request.
Keep scrolling to see how to get one!
February 23, 2021
Consolidated Primary Election
Statistically, turnouts in primary elections is much lower than in other elections, and so results are more unpredictable than general elections. As a new candidate, I am challenging the incumbent, making your support and attendance on February 23 vital to the success of my campaign.
Please note ONLY republican ballots are available in the primary election for Grafton Township, therefore your support regardless of partisan affiliation is imperative to us seizing the election from the incumbent. Please help me, help you!
Early voting begins February 8, 2021. Click the button below for early
voting centers and times.
Are you unsure if you reside in Grafton Township? Click the button below to be directed to the Grafton Township Map. The map will illustrate the 31 precincts that the township encompasses.
In addition, if your Property Index Number (PIN) begins with "18", you are a resident of Grafton Township. To locate your PIN number, please visit the Grafton Township Assessor's website at www.graftontownship.us/dnn/Assessor/PropertySearch.aspx and search by "address".
Would you like to show your support by placing a sign in your yard? It would be a helpful way to encourage conversation in our township about my candidacy! If interested, please contact me at terra4assessor.com and I will arrange to have a sign dropped off to you! Thank you for your support!